Kitchen Worktops Survey - Hi-Macs Worktops
As there are a growing number of Solid surfaces available to Kitchen Buyers, what do you believe distinguishes your product from your competitors and why should a potential client opt to purchase your product?
Although the composition of many solid surface materials is similar, Hi-Macs® uses a new generation manufacturing technology. We use a thermal cure process as opposed to a chemical cure. This state of the art process results in our material being harder, flatter and more heat and UV resistant. Thanks to this higher resistance, we can also deliver a market leading warranty of 15 years.
In addition to this we also offer a number of colours within our range that due to their “large particled” appearance are unique; these are known as the Volcanics range.
Many more consumers have growing concerns about health and environmental issues in their search for a product, do they have any reason for concern when purchasing your product?
We have a certificate ISO14001, for the environment. Also, the material can be recycled: the bauxite can be reused in cements and the acrylic chips are in some cases recycled to a specific range of colours (Eden Range). This range is only sold in Asia and USA though.
Also, LG is a company of sustainable development (certificate: “responsible care”).
Due to the hygienic properties of the material; Hi-Macs® is extensively used in the healthcare sector where we have numerous certificates including the LGA.
Do you govern the correct installation of your products and is proper installation connected to the Manufacturing warranty of your surface?
Yes: we established a “Quality Club” to ensure the quality of the fabrication and installation of our material. Only the Quality Club members are able to deliver the 15 years warranty. Alongside the Quality Club members we also have a training programme for our network of fabricators and installers.
With an increasing number of manufacturers producing solid surfaces, how competitive do you believe the price of your product to be?
We recognise the increase in the number of solid surface manufacturers. However it also has to be recognised that there is a varying quality provided across the range. We see ourselves as a leading producer of a high quality material and service. We offer a competitive price for a high end material and service with a 15 year warranty.
Thin core acrylic surfaces up to 3mm thickness have become more readily available to UK worktop consumers, do you consider these a threat to the ambitions for your product and if not, why not?
We do not see 3mm material as a threat to our current offering. We see 3mm more as a laminate product than a solid surface as it is restricted in its design creativity, endurance to heat and impact, repairability and does not allow for design features such as waterfall edges, coved upstands, thermoformed shapes and inlays. Also the current 3mm offering is limited in terms of range available and warranty.
What is your guarantee policy and how efficient do you consider your aftercare to be in the event of a client Manufacturing defect issue?
Through our Quality Club we give a 15 years warranty.
In case of a manufacturing defect issue, the consumer just has to call his fabricator, who will manage the claim through us, so the process is pretty simple for a HI-MACS® customer.
The difference in cost of solid surfaces when compared with laminate surfaces, is quite substantial. How would you justify a consumer paying the difference to buy your surface?
The advantages of Hi-Macs® as opposed to use of a laminate are as follows:
- We are homogeneous therefore there is no risk of our material de-laminating.
- Seamless joints are achievable using Hi-Macs® resulting in a very hygienic surface.
- Seamless integration of Hi-Macs® sheet and sinks; again meaning no bacteria can be harboured between joints and creates the illusion of one seamless flowing piece of material.
- Drainer Grooves, Hob Grooves and trivets can be cut into Hi-Macs®.
- Waterfall Edges and Coved up-stands are achievable with Hi-Macs®.
- Hi-Macs® can be repaired in situ should the need ever arise or in case of accidental damage.
- If Hi-Macs® gets scratched; these can be easily polished out.
- Endless Design possibilities are available with Hi-Macs® including the use of thermoforming to create tight radius and 3d shapes.
- 15 Year Warranty backed by LG.
- Easily Maintained and Cared for even with the busiest of lifestyles.
- Hi-Macs® is manufactured using Bauxite and pure Acrylic resulting in a material that will not fade in colour and is UV resistant.
- Hi-Macs® is Non porous thus making it very stain resistant to everything from curry powder to cigarette burns.
- Hi-Macs® is aesthetically pleasing as well as being welcoming to the touch.
- Hi-Macs® is an invaluable investment to any discerning consumer.